Friday, February 18, 2011

It's a First+DIY Invites

Please folks, start your drumroll (and it best be a good one). This day marks the very first day that my blog debuts a DIY project. Specifically, this project is very near and dear to my heart, because it concerns someone I love dearly.

A while back I wrote about our family's recent excitement. Well, along with that excitement comes some responsibility. Like, I have to put together a shower (which I am over the moon excited about...i get to implement all my crazy party ideas...watch out), and host a rocking bachelorette party. Just because I wanted to have a little more fun, and flesh out my "creative" capabilities, I say that because they are few, I decided to make all the shower invites.

This idea just popped into my head a while back, and thanks to some expertise shopping help from Rachelle and Hobby Lobby, it's now a reality.

I found the adorable luggage tags at Hobby Lobby, and luckily, I have an exorbitant amount of twine and stamping ink.
I think that this calligraphy marker was THE best investment I've made in a while. It's magical...aka it makes my awful cursive look "ok."
Ultimately, I was looking for an outlined tree, but when I saw this, I could not resist...once again, from Hobby Lobby.
I bought about 2 yards of burlap (eek!) and cut out the pieces and then stamped the bicycle (beware, the stamping takes a lot of fore arm muscle...workout AND crafts, yes please).
I hand wrote all the tags (and it was by far the most time consuming part, but totally worth it) and tied them on with the twine.
And, just for cuteness's sake, I punched holes in the envelops (which are cheap-os from Hobby Lobby) for twine.
I'm so excited to start mailing these out to guests. Not to mention, I have some other ideas for the shower madness that I have yet to develop and implement. So, here's to my first ever DIY. If I was unclear (because this is my first DIY, annnd I'm not a super duper great communicator), just ask questions (or if you just think this was out of this world ugly...tell me now so that I won't mail them ;)).

No comments:

Post a Comment