Monday, October 14, 2013

Adventure: German Fest.

Do you remember that time we went to German Fest?

It was across the street from our little home downtown.

I remember standing in line for a funnel cake only to get out of line because it looked unappetizing.

I remember getting back in line because all you really wanted was a funnel cake (and we couldn't find anything better to spend our tickets on).

I remember wandering through the brick streets watching beer stout holding contests and holding your hand as you navigated us through the crowds.

I remember listening to the polka bands through our brick walls when we got home.

I remember trying to get powdered sugar off my linen skirt.

I don't ever want to forget times when we adventure together and experience something new with each other.

You may not crave the thrill of the adventure as much as I do, but boy am I happy that you come along (and you bring your rationality with you).

After all, this thing, marriage, is our adventure.


And, the funnel cake was all that we expected...

2 comments:

  1. Greg must be in hog heaven. I know how much he will go out of his way to find a funnel cake!

    ReplyDelete