Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What You May (or may not) Want to Know.

I feel the need to play catch-up. This seems to be the way it has been as of late with this blog. In an effort to expedite the process, below is a list of 25 things you may or may not want to know about what's been happening recently. Ready, shoot!

  1. I'm an Einstein Bagel's regular now. Two early mornings a week must give you that status. Can't say I'm hating it.
  2. Wedding planning is coming along. Invitations have been the bane of my existence. But, I'm quite thrilled that people even want to come to our wedding. Really.
  3. I dyed my hair. It's a vibrant red/amber/auburn. And, because I know what's coming next, yes, I think I'll keep it for the wedding.
  4. It's raining slush-ee today. Walking around campus is interesting, or non-existent. Let's go with the latter.
  5. Greg has been wearing the GAP clothes I bought for him. He's quite good to me, even when our personal styles couldn't be more opposite.
  6. We finally decided what the groomsmen are going to wear at our wedding. Why was that so much harder than the girl's dresses?
  7. I can't wait to see my dress. It's been over a month since I've last seen it. I think I need to try it on again. It's too perfect. Ugh!
  8. My family (and our exchange student) are making an excursion to Charleston for spring break. Hello colorful heaven!
  9. My mother hugs me at least once a day and tells me I'm her baby and that she won't have me much longer...Moooooooooom!
  10. I've decided that I need a beach. And, to be able to tan. And, some free beach apparel. Don't think that's happening.
  11. I finished the book With by Skye Jethani. It's a good read for anyone. Annnnyone.
  12. My brother comes home from Afghanistan in a little under a month. So happy for him and his wife to be reunited. And, I can't wait to see him, too.
  13. I eat a peanut butter sandwich for lunch everyday.
  14. Greg and I started premarital counseling this week. Pour on the sanctifying fire, Lord.
  15. I like yoga. No, I love yoga.
  16. I have a summer internship at Subaru. So pumped. God has been super gracious to provide a job for me.
  17. Greg and I get to move into our first apartment together in Indy. Since our tastes are a far cry from one another, I think our decor will have M.P.D.
  18. God has been showing me a lot about how selfish I am. Not in a way that makes me pull up my own boot straps and try harder, but in a way that makes me need/want Him so much more.
  19. I'm working with our wedding photographer Brian Powell this spring, and super excited for him to shoot our wedding. I've never had professional photos of myself or Greg taken.
  20. I'm still mesmerized by my engagement ring. My boy is way too kind to me.
  21. Our church is starting a campus on the west side of town, and I couldn't be more excited to see what the Lord will do through all that.
  22. My dad is amazing. Can't believe he's been my rock for so long. I'm going to be a faucet when he walks me down the aisle...ok, I'm already tearing up. Moving on.
  23. Signed up for another half-marathon, and I've started biking. Triathlon? 
  24. My pencils are all out of lead. I asked someone in my class if they had any. Apparently, I'm too nerdy even for engineering.
  25. There are flannel sheets on my bed. So comfy. Still pondering why I left them so early this morning...
So much has changed in a few short months. Can't wait to see how much more everything morphs into the present. For a girl who is highly averse to change, God certainly pulled a fast one on me. Maybe you found some decent information in that mess above. If so, good! If not, sorry. My life must not be too interesting. If that's the case for you, I can't say that I disagree.

Oh dear. Time to happily embrace all that is coming in this year.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment