Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fawning Over Molding.

It had just been one of those days. The kind where you haven't seen the light of day (thank you early mornings and window-less libraries). The kind where you start to get bogged down in everything you have to do. Yup, it had just been that kind of day.

So, I was this close to just packing up, heading home, and snuggling with my oversized, fat, and all-around adorable cat. Ok. Before I scare anyone, I'll stop with the cat.

But, it was on this day that my father had requested some pictures. Pictures for a property he was in the process of purchasing. Since the property is historic and kind of right up my alley, I could only agree to take the pictures. No question.

Before I go into trying to describe the fawning I had over the building while taking the pictures, why don't I just show you? Ok. Deal. Glad we had this chat.


See? See. 

I don't think I've ever drooled over molding. Till now. What is not to love about this?

Told the padre that I was moving in, stat.


And all the ceilings and walls are met with this insane chunk of beautiful wood.


By this point, I'm pretty sure I was unwilling to leave the building. All the details of old houses just get to me!


Ok. I need to stop my excessive talk about how amazing restored homes are. Shutting up. 




Brief interruption from my no talking, but this fence post has been there since the 1800s. Ok. 'Nuff said.


Let's close this out with a photo from the basement. Filled with old windows, doors, and shutters. So, yes, aside from the dank smell, it is heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment