Monday, December 12, 2011

ThankFULL.

I don't know what it is about waking up to my momma making me fresh coffee. Or, the fact that my little sister prayed with me before I went to get ready for my final calculus exam this morning. Quite possibly, it may be the fact that I get to see my brothers again in just a few short days. No, actually, it probably has to do with a wedding coming up next week. And, it doesn't hurt that I am loving every moment of writing in my new prayer journal and reading Isaiah.

Nope. You know what I have decided (no? ok, well I know you're not all mind-readers...hopefully none of you are, actually)? It's every single thing above that has made this first dead week of my college career one of the best weeks of my life. Granted, me and the library had some good bonding time, but that's to be expected. Even still, I love that learning is my full-time job.

In just a couple minutes, I'll head out for my first college final. And, I think for the first time in my life, I'm not up in arms/worried about my grade. Maybe because I actually studied, or it is more likely because I know whatever the outcome, it will be for the glory of God (here's hoping my attitude reflects that).

Instead of giving myself a small stomach ulcer this morning, worrying about an exam, I'm planning on just being thankful.

Not to get all nostalgic and stuff, but God has been crazy faithful this semester. As of last year at this time, I didn't want to go into engineering....I didn't want to go to Purdue...I didn't want to live at home. I thought and prayed for long time. Desired to make the wise choice, and now I see God's faithfulness. Why? Case and point: I love engineering; I love Purdue; I adore living with my parents.

Film. Over-looking the intramural fields at Purdue.

I've been memorizing Psalm 16-"The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup. You hold my lot." So FULL of thanks for pretty much everything. Oh man, thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment