Friday, December 16, 2011

Productivity and Spelling.

I backed away from the computer, and looked her in the eyes.

She sat there eating her breakfast. Looking pathetic in her pajamas with a dress-up dress over them. So, I asked. "Ju, what Christmas song do you want to hear?" She promptly told me "jingle bells."

So, we listened. Followed up our Christmas music with a solid dose of Mary Poppins (her new favorite, thanks to her uncle and her birthday present). Our off-key singing of "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" (please, do not check my spelling, please) filled the house.

In the midst of color-coding my to-do list for this weekend (church-wide breakfast planning, or insanity, whichever you prefer), I'm reminded of what's important. Or maybe what just makes life enjoyable.

Being productive is important. But, so is my family, my little sister, and frankly, my sanity.

So, thank you to my favorite little sister (yes, I am the only one in my family who can say that without offending any other siblings).

No comments:

Post a Comment