Wednesday, September 7, 2011

College Thus Far...

Well, it's certainly been busy. But, it's the kind of busy that makes you want to work. You know, the kind where you actually feel like you're learning something. I'm not going to pretend that I'm not obsessed with academia (granted, that's gotten me into some trouble before). Who doesn't like the smell of new books (and hates the price), leaves crunching under your feet, and pouring over theorems a hundred times.

The first week of classes was like a great big show. I was in a dream, and in my dream I was a college student. Everyday, I would dress up in adult-like clothes and drive to school. But, I never woke up from that dream. In fact, it's still happening. Never would I have guessed that this would be my life. The feeling is surreal.

Today I just want to squeal with joy. Because, I can't grasp the fact that this is who I am at this point in my life. Am I really the girl who just had lunch with a group of friends out in the "Clapping Circles" (a lovely little green/walking path on campus)? Did I just go to my professors office hours? Seriously, that makes me sound old and responsible. But, maybe that's because now I really am supposed to be.

The past two weeks have been mind-bending to say the least. I cannot believe the privilege that God has given me. Sure, once the first round of exams hit, I may be singing a different tune, but I hope I never lose sight of this perspective.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm going to my first job fair on Sunday? Yes, you heard me, job fair. How is that for grown up and responsible? I could get a "real life" internship. Oh, yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment