Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Best Accident.

Last week, I may or may not have gotten into a fender bender (more like a fender crusher for my car). The couple I hit was on their way to Golden Corral. They were super nice. We talked about Jesus while we waited for the policeman to show. The entire time I was writing down my information, my body was shaking. It was uncontrollable. It didn't occur to me to call anyone, until I couldn't find my insurance card.

So, I called my dad. We got my information, then concluded our phone call. Short and sweet. Tearless.

The next day, as I was taking my car around getting to damages priced, the cost of my careless driving hit me. It was in the form of a rather large sum of money to repair my car. I held it together, acted like a big girl, then told the lovely lady behind the desk that I would think about it (and by "think about it" I really meant call my dad for advice).

I hopped back in my car, and the tears came flowing down my cheeks. None of this should have happened. I shouldn't have been in this position. It was stupid. I called my dad crying, for the first time ever. When I gave him the estimate, he didn't freak out, he just said that it would be ok.

My summer savings would be depleted because of this awful accident.

But, a midst all this ruckus, everything worked out perfectly. My grandpa is letting me drive his late '80s Chevy truck. I got paid for a job I forgot about (and that alone will pay for the damage on my car). And, it's all good. This was an awful experience that I would never in a million years wish on myself ever again. But, since it did happen, and there's nothing I can do about it, I can safely say that this was the best car accident.


1 comment:

  1. Erika,
    I am so glad that you weren't hurt physically and that you chose to let the emotional and mental pain grow you spiritually!
    I'm also glad that God provided the needed money for repairs...He is so good!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete