Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reality. Recommenced.

I sat down this morning to read my Bible, and studied Hebrews. But, to be honest, I have a lot on my mind. So, I read a chapter and quietly closed the Word. I repeated God's truth to myself. "All things work together for good, for those who love him..."

The weekend was a happy time. My feet are still a little sore. But, when I came back down from the highs, reality recommenced. You see, there's this dear, dear friend of mine. We met last year while on staff for TeenPact. Our friendship was instantaneous. I talked with her about things that I never had opened up about with other people.

We were sisters. We laughed, cried, and did wildly crazy things together.

A couple weeks ago, I heard news about her being unwell. While on an extended mission trip in Kenya, she had caught pneumonia. It was bad. So bad, that she had to be air-evaced to Germany. It turns out that she didn't have pneumonia at all. She has cancer.
Please pray for my dear Yetta. I know that no matter what condition she is in, she is glorifying God. But, still, my heart yearns for her complete recovery. I love her so much, and I can't even imagine how much God loves her.

Her care page is being updated. And, funds are being raised so that her family can be well-cared for in Germany.

1 comment: