Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Electronic Checks + A New Adventure

How on earth is an 18 year old supposed to know how to pay with an electronic check? This is ridiculous. Whatever happened to Visa cards? For once, I would like this whole process not to be laden with complications. Did I mention the electronic check? Boy, I am glad I have a father who knows what he's doing. If I didn't, I may not being going to college (a bit of a stretch, but seriously).

These were my sentiments exactly as of last night. I went online to "officially" accept my admission into Purdue University. Maybe I shouldn't say sentiments. It was more like a rant to my dad, late at night, made with big puppy dog eyes (or furrowed brow, but puppy dog eyes just sounds cuter).

So, that's it folks. Erika's journey to find out what she's doing for the next four years has been settled (as far as I know). Ok, I'll stop talking in third person. My deposit has been paid, apartments have been looked at, and I am ready to blow this joint (aka high school).

As I lay in bed last night thinking (this always seems to be what people say) about what is going to happen this fall, a gut-wrenching feeling crept up on me. What the heck am I doing? I'm not smart, really, I'm not. What did I just get myself into? How old am I, again?

I guess I'm about due for another great adventure. Come June 4, the current one will be over. It's scary. And it's exhilarating. To be honest, I can and can't wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment