Friday, August 19, 2011

A Vending Machine + A Lost Heart

It's weird to come back to reality.

I told my dad that if I kept wishing that I lived in Portland (and prayed hard enough) it would actually happen. He told me that's not how it works. God is apparently not a vending machine (I have so much to learn). Well, what a sad revelation.

Needless to say, I think I left my heart right back where I first boarded the plane. The trip was exquisite (not a word I use often, but it correctly applies to my feelings).

I've got lots coming up: school, coffee ministry shenanigans, and responsibilities. And, guess who popped in for the weekend? Yup, you heard me, the brothers did. In fact, they're both here. Right now. Mind blown. So, I don't really want to run errands. That sounds so incredibly drab at the moment. That being said, I've decided that I just won't. Ok, I've dealt with that issue.

Just to give you a little picture of the trip of hipster (as I'm officially calling the trip I just returned from), here is a picture of me and Daddio summiting our first mountain together (3,000 feet plus of excruciating pain and glory).

No comments:

Post a Comment