Friday, April 15, 2011

The Punch

I've never been punched hard. But, now I think I know how it feels. You can't breathe. You gasp for what little air you can get. And you wonder what's coming next.

Now, I wasn't necessarily punched. But, the events of yesterday were certainly akin to that feeling.

I hadn't received any information about scholarships from Purdue (nothing big, maybe 2k would be nice though). So, I took a gander to their website to see if I could find out when I would know. As it turns out, they send out all their merit-based scholarship info in February.

My jaw dropped when I read that. And one lone angry tear streamed down my face.

I called my dad. He's good at sorting out messes. In between my attempts to pretend I wasn't crying and convey the situation to him, he told me to calm down and call the admissions office. So, I did. I talked to several nice ladies. The result?

I got nothing. And there's no way for me to get an merit-based money now. That's when I felt liked I'd been punched.

So, I'm back to square one. Do I go to college or do I not? It's an awful feeling, really.

The only thing I know right now is that God knows. Maybe this happened for a reason I don't understand. Maybe something bigger is happening. I can only hope. And pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment