Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Day Spent Dreaming:Cameras+13.1

It happens every Saturday. I just feel like dreaming, like really big. It's a disease that comes once a week. In fact, it's one of the few that I don't mind having. But, I'm not ignorant (at least I don't think so). I know that I'm not the only one who loves to spend my weekends dreaming. So, I'm going to share my dreams (that change like Indiana weather) on Saturdays when they are fresh in my mind.

After the chaos that was last night (my jr. high girl's small group came over for a sleepover), I spent some time holed up my bedroom. I looked through all my running magazines for a half marathon training plan. Yup, I am going to run 13.1 miles (shoot me now). Don't get me wrong; I like running. But, I have numerous caveats over that previous statement. I like running when I feel like it, when I'm happy or mad, need a break, and it's nice outside (that's a lot of conditions). But, I'm going to give it a whirl. This is currently a dream which I hope (so very much) will materialize.

A couple years ago, I was reading a photography magazine when I came across a brand of camera called Leica (don't you just love my awful segue from running to photography?). They're a mix of old-school, digital, and just plain awesome. All made in Germany, you can just imagine how expensive these puppies are. They are not for the faint of heart (aka, the cheap scapes or broke). I would love one because I want to play with film and capture moments with a tool that has more meaning than what I currently have. Not to mention, they just look cool (please, save the "it's not all about your image" comments for jr. high girls ;)).
So, here's to dreaming, setting your sights high, and hoping for the best.
Happy Saturday (spent dreaming)!

No comments:

Post a Comment