Monday, December 27, 2010

Mafia+Madness

With New Year's Eve quickly approaching I began thinking what on earth I was going to do to ring in 2011. I began asking friends about parties with no avail. So, I did the unthinkable. I decided that I (under the guise of all the Blake children) was going to throw a party, a mafia party.

Three second after I sent out the Facebook invites, I processed what I had just done. There's no going back. I just committed to doing this. Oh sweet sesame seeds, the risks of party planning, throwing, and clean-up (by far, the worst of the three). But, I just don't want this to be a party of regret. Regret that I even chose to host a party.

So, I'm making "To-Do" lists, putting together a menu, and trying to make sense of what exactly a good party looks like. In my immediate circle of friends, we don't really have full out decadent parties (probably because we're all poor), but I am aiming to throw a curve ball. No, I don't want an extravagant over the top hooplah. I just want people to enjoy themselves and be able to spend time with other people who are right there "doing life" together.

I'm not guaranteed a success, but I'm hoping with a little planning and boatloads of prayer, a good time will be had by all.

(Oh, and did I mention it's a mafia themed party. Yay for more details to add to the madness!)

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, I'm fully expecting pictures from this little soiree of yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete