Friday, November 26, 2010

The Wallstreet Journal and Real Vintage Clothes.

Thanksgiving is a time for people to eat a positively sickening amount of food (which I regretfully did) and talk about cliche things they are thankful for: "I am thankful for my amazing family, my friends, and my dog." The above phrase may be very heartfelt, but it lacks true thanksgiving. Coming up with a sentence of things you're thankful/grateful for is an easy task and leaves other worthy things unmentioned.

So, in an attempt to stretch myself (and to not be too hypocritical of those one sentence thanksgivings), I present my very own list of often unmentioned things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for (a cliche start to a very un-cliche list):
  • A God who doesn't tell me what I want to know, even though I harass him.
  • Flannel sheets (they are heaven sent).
  • Technology. Where on earth would I be without it (I definitely wouldn't be writing this)?
  • Thrift stores (cute clothes without complete decimation of the budget).
  • iTunes/iPods (they feed my music obsession).
  • College applications (yeah, who saw this one coming?).
  • Coffee (this semester I have consumed a record amount. I don't know if I should be proud of this...).
  • My mother and her dedication to saving clothes she had in college (helloooo real vintage).
  • My loud, obnoxious, and loving family (did you really think that they wouldn't make the list?).
  • For the hard lessons I've been forced to learn.
  • Smiling store clerks (they make my day).
  • My Tuesdays at Vienna with calculus.
  • Dance parties in the family kitchen with the WHOLE family.
  • Almost being on my own (sans the boring responsibilities).
  • The Starbucks barista I see every Wednesday night and like to pretend I'm friends with.
  • The Wallstreet Journal
  • Baking
  • Running (I actually love it, and it makes the aforementioned possible without ballooning in size).
  • How God has blessed my dweeby entrepreneurial endeavors.
  • The people I get to spend time with everyday (and we're not sick of each other...miracle).
  • The amount of vegan/vegetarian options (I am neither, but I like to pretend that I would actually have the self-control to be).
  • Bing Crosby/White Christmas/Christmas music (Thanksgiving is technically over, so bring.it.on).
  • Blogs where I can post what I'm thankful for (I had to throw a cliche one in there, ok?).

Happy (un-cliche) Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Running? You are crazy... haha. I enjoyed creeping on your blog though! It's nifty!

    ReplyDelete