Sunday, November 7, 2010

I took a deep breath as I hopped into my car. It was over. Some how my untrained ability to bake had carried me through to this moment. My feet hurt. My brain just wanted to stop thinking. But, there was more. I was going out to dinner with a bunch of friends and had to be pleasant. Every detail had gone exactly how I had planned, and even better.

I had loaded up the car that morning after having my first cup of coffee. Already, I could tell that it was going to be a long day. I made some feeble efforts to make myself look ok, then headed out to the venue. Duncan Hall is conveniently located in close proximity with my favorite coffee shop. So, I drove past the hall and stopped in for a quick cafe Americano, because, hello, it was really needed. After I had warmed myself up a bit, I headed to the gig. I pulled around back and began unloading all my creations. The set-up was pretty painless. With baking, the nice thing is, almost all your work is done when it comes to the wedding day.

It was a lovely ceremony with loved ones, all showing love to the couple who were madly in love. There was a lot of love. Once the reception hit, it was go time for me. I quickly put out all the cupcakes and cookies on the cutesie dessert table and took a step back to examine it. After a couple quick platter switcheroos I stepped back again. This time I just stared blankly. Had I really just done this? Were 150 cupcakes and 80 cookies really made by me?

Needless to say, I was pleased with the results. But before I let myself gloat, I realized that I hadn't done any of this. Trust me, if only I were in control, there would've been an innumerable amount of problems. Lucky for the bride and groom, I wasn't in charge. God made the whole shebang possible. Thank you Lord for giving me the strength and ability to make it through this past week. I would gladly do it all over again.

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Watson! I was so privileged to be a part of your celebration.


Pictures are coming soon. Keep an eye out here, or at www.rebekahjmurrayblog.com (the amazing photog).

No comments:

Post a Comment