Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Facebook Bitterness

I probably spend too much time on Facebook, but let's face it, it's how my generation talks. As sad as that previous statement is, it is very true. So, every day or so I like to get on Facebook and catch up with my friends far and near.

Snooping though some of my friend's pictures, I came across some of their recent trip to D.C. All of a sudden, it hit me. A huge wave of jealousy. All my friends are living the life that I thought would be mine. These friends are involved in the organization TeenPact which I've been a part of the past three years. This year, my friends are all interns for the ministry. God gave them the awesome opportunity to travel around the country mentoring high school students.

As I clicked from picture to picture, I couldn't stop the bitter feelings. Why did God withhold that opportunity from me? And to be honest, I can't answer that question. I wish I had the answer. For now, all I know is that I'm in Indiana trying to serve God while my friends travel across the country all semester.

This isn't meant to be a blogosphere pity party, but the feelings those pictures uncovered are ugly. I don't want to be bitter toward my friends or my current situation. So, for now, I'm trying to be content and live everyday one minute at a time knowing that out there God has something worthwhile for me to give my time to.

The waiting is just hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment