Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dear Future Husband,


Recently I've cultivated an extreme love for all things outdoors. I can't quite put my finger on what brought it about. Of course, I've always loved being outside and playing, but this is something different. Running, climbing, and swimming, I just get invigorated by it. I can't go a day without running outside. Tiredness takes over when I don't exert myself physically someway.

Today was my first home game(soccer) of the season, and we won both games. I know that we'll play together on a huge field with lots of our friends. Maybe you really don't like soccer and running now, but I promise that I will convince you otherwise. We'll play pick-up games and bring some of the people we played with back home for protein shakes and a movie.

I've also decided that we will live by a big body of water. So, pretty much the Atlantic or Pacific, but I would be ok with the Mediterranean too. I can't stand living away from water right now. There's something so calming and relaxing about laying on the hot sand then running into the frigid water. Although, I'm planning on us having wet suits so we can, you know, surf together.

Right now on my top places to live is La Jolla California. It has some nice beaches, but also some great rock faces that we can climb and repel. I'll pack us big lunches and in between climbs we'll sit and recap our weeks (presumably business and shop talk, but also what God has been teaching us. Because, let's face it, we're not perfect).

Our car won't be anything to write home about, but it will show our lifestyle. Slightly battered and loved and decked out with outdoorsy gear.

Frankly, I can't wait till we live there, have fun adventures together, and just enjoy this life. But, until then, I'll be working on my soccer, rock climbing, and repelling skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment