Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thrift Store Therapy

Who doesn't like to pretend that they would do anything to save the planet, protect the ozone, and feed baby pandas? Trust me, everyday I wish I was actually like that. You know, a truly compassionate and caring breed of person. While I'm not really a save the planet person, although I do watch how much plastic I go through and recycle, there are some things that I just cannot bring myself to do.

Such as, spend muchas dollars on a dress for a summer wedding. My cousin is getting married in only 10 days in San Diego. And like a good family, we're attending the wedding. However, a problem arises when I get asked, "Erika, what are you wearing to the wedding?" Well, how should I know? I don't even know what I'm going to wear to work tomorrow and you think I have this planned out already? Along with the dress problem comes one of being a tight-wad.

I hate to spend money, hate, hate, hate it, especially when I spend it on me. It seems like such a waste. What is the intrinsic value of buying this dress? So, here's my remedy. This afternoon I plan on making a "mini-roadtrip" to Bloomington in hopes of finding a dress for this wedding which will a)stop people from asking me what I'm going to wear and b)satisfy my tight-wad spirit.

So, here's to a relaxing trip bouncing from thrift store to thrift store casually looking for the perfect dress. No worries about whether or not I'll find one, because I already have a closet full of potential options. I'm not uptight about it. Please, just let me have my thrift store therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment