Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Interviews+Wind Up Toys

I was squished in the back of the car in between backpacks and a cooler. My head was starting to ache because I was trying to read interviewing tips on my dad's iPhone(more on that later...). For a quick break, I decided to check my e-mail. I pulled up my gmail and scrolled down through the spam. My finger stopped momentarily over the subject of "Purdue Admissions." I quickly clicked and gasped as I saw the words "Congratulations Miss Blake." So, the news is official, I am going to be a Boilermaker(New York would be fun...but let's face it, having money coming out from college is better).

All other things aside, that news is enough to make my heart sing. Please don't stop reading now, because believe it or not, there's more.

Last week I was contacted by a company based out of the Purdue Research Park about a potential internship. I e-mailed with the lady and set up an interview. Wait, did you catch that? I am going to be interviewed(as in, real-life, suit-wearing, portfolio holding, etc). There are a myriad of questions flooding my mind at the moment(especially since I've been gone the past three days). What am I going to wear? What questions should I ask? What on earth are they going to ask me?

Ok, so now you've got acceptance to Purdue and interview. Yes, there's more.

My mother announced to me today that I would be doing both advanced physics and chemistry this semester along with calculus, etc. It took everything in me to not say "whaaaaaaaaat?" So, that's more work that will be put into effect tomorrow.

Everything is swooshing around in my mind, and I can't quite make any of it tangible. I cannot believe the ways that God has chosen to bless me. It truly blows my mind away. None of this do I deserve and I honestly don't know what to do with it all. Needless to say, I need boatloads of wisdom and prayer. I feel like a wind-up toy that has a lot of potential, but I have yet to wind up and run effectively.

17 "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness."
Ja. 3:17-18

More than ever, God I need your wisdom.
Without it, I am screwed...eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment