Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The In-Between

It's the moment right in between that makes life worth living. The moment right after the sun sets, but right before the darkness settles in for the night. The moment right after the struggle and before life resumes. Those are the moments that mean the most to me. The feeling of knowing that I'm done and yet, just beginning. I relish that moment and hold it with me forever.

I remember when I was about ten I had bugged my dad to high heaven about building me a treehouse. Of course, I knew he was busy with work and other things, but I never forgot and neither did he. It was a Saturday morning and I slowly pulled myself out of bed and over to my window. I heard something outside and quickly pulled open my chartreuse blind. Right before my eyes, in the maple tree directly beyond my window, my dad was cutting wood beams and drilling them together into what looked like a treehouse. Before I stumbled in my clothes and ran downstairs, there was a moment. I just stood. I soaked in everything. A smile crept up from chin and filled my face. It was that moment. That is "the in-between."

Right now, seven years later I'm feeling the same thing, but with entirely different circumstances. There was a struggle that took over my life for the past year and a half, but it's not really over. It won't be over till I find out what I've been called to do in college. Although, I've given it up to God and these past few months have been the most blissful I could've ever imagined.

I know that this season won't last forever, because they never do, but right now I'm enjoying it. Breathing, living, and knowing it all.

20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably MORE than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout ALL generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
EPH. 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment