Wednesday, July 14, 2010

No Time For Comfortable

In some previous posts, I alluded to the fact that I've been travelling/moving around like crazy this summer. I have loved it so far, so please don't mistake this as being ungrateful or complainy. It's just that I'm not in one place long enough to make myself at home. Even being at home, doesn't really feel that way because pieces of my life are scattered all over the United States.

I have friends from Alaska to Florida and I just wish I could be with them always. But, I'm learning to accept that I can't be with everyone of my friends. Trust me, that's just really hard to accept. It's hardest to accept that this is what God really wants me to do.

So, I just take a deep breath, try to get back to reading my Bible, and truly trust God-not just say that I do. I do not want to be caught in the Christian hypocrisy. What I say needs to measure up to what I live. And to be stripped down and completely honest, that hasn't been true of me recently.

Later today I leave for California for about 10 days for my cousins wedding. It sounds like it will be a top-notch affair. For example, the dinner at the reception is $100 a plate. Needless to say I am very excited about this wedding, because I think it will be a real celebration of love. Not to knock baptists, but our weddings are booooring.

While I'm away, I'll try to keep up with the blogging. Because I have a feeling that me and my camera will have numerous dates and capture even more photos. The following is just to give you an idea of where I'll be for the next week and a half.

Here I come San Diego....

No comments:

Post a Comment